Social media is a great way to help you spread the word of your brand or business online. Social media can be one of the best ways for small businesses to make some big ripples and deliver leads and business. Before WordPress web design and SEO I cut my online teeth in the social media world. I learned how to use it to promote LadyUmbrella – an online t-shirt business I set up in 2008 with Spanish graphic designer, Elena Montes.
- We sold thousands of t-shirts online and shipped them to over 30 different countries – without having to spend anything on advertising.
- Built up a mailing list of 1,000+ LadyUmbrella fans – at times sending an offer to the LadyUmbrella list was like going to the bank, was beautiful to behold.
- Built up social media presences on both Facebook & Twitter to over 8,000 fans and followers.
- LadyUmbrella wound up being used in a case study by the Irish Internet Association on how to use social media for business
- I was invited to give talks on how to use Facebook and Twitter to promote your online business all over Ireland (and, was actually asked just today to give a talk on social media in Dublin in October – watch this space!)
- Was featured on numerous occasions in national press due to the social media efforts, even got featured in the Spanish broadsheet, El Mundo.
And, you know what the very best thing about all of the above was? I had a great time doing it! Social media for business should be enjoyable for you because if it isn’t, it sure won’t be enjoyable for your fans and followers.
Set Your Stun Guns To Social Media
So, why do I mention all of this now? The reason is simple – I’m going to do it again. I’m now going build up a social media presence for this online venture. On Facebook we’ll be known as the WordPress Mafia and on Twitter you can get me at @RobertRyanDotie. If you’re interested in WordPress, SEO, Social Media or anything related I’d encourage you to join. Why?
Well, I hope you might pick up a little bit of what I teach to clients: the ins and outs of social media, the subtle nuances that can impact interaction levels and ultimately how you can use social media to help your business. We’re also going to share tips, tricks, ideas and all sorts of good stuff – we’ll even answer any questions you may have. It will become your one stop shop for all things social media, WordPress & SEO.
Now, you see the fancy little Facebook like box and Twitter follow buttons to the right, go on, press them, and set your stun guns to social media too!