SEO Search Engine Optimisation
SEO Search Engine Optimisation is half art, half science and is an important aspect of having a successful online business. Websites can be optimised for certain keywords or phrases that relate to a specific product or service in the hope of getting targeted, organic traffic from search engines with a higher probability of conversion than just random traffic.
WordPress for SEO
For any SEO efforts to be successful it is important that all website have a solid SEO foundation. WordPress is one of the best CMS (Content Management Systems) and blogging platforms available and, if set up correctly, can provide a very solid SEO foundation. From my own experience, sites which are built using WordPress get a lot more organic search traffic, simply because the WordPress platform is very search engine friendly yielding higher rankings for WordPress websites and pages.
SEO Keyword Research
An important element for any SEO efforts to be successful is keyword research. There is no point in optimising a website or page for a keyword that gets very few monthly searches and so choosing the right keyword is key (if you pardon the pun).
SEO Search Engine Optimisation – Onsite and Offsite
Broadly speaking SEO can be divided into two main sections:
- Onsite SEO – the things you do on your website to optimise it (using proper tags, meta data, keyword frequency etc)
- Offsite SEO – the things that you/others outside of your website which can help optimise it (namely backlinks and social media sharing)
For onsite SEO it is vital that your SEO foundations are properly in place. Once they are in place all your continued efforts (and SEO is a continued effort) with blogging, content creation and page optimisation will yield better results. For offsite SEO it is important to have a strong social media presence and to continually work on backlinks to your site from high ranking, authoritative websites.
SEO – What I Can Do For You
- SEO Audit – I can analyse your onsite and offsite SEO efforts to find out if there any weaknesses and what you can do to address them.
- SEO Blogging – I can create search engine optimised posts for your website on an ongoing basis. If the SEO foundations are properly in place on your site SEO Blogging can have a huge impact on your SERP (Search Engine Results Page) for the chosen keywords.
- SEO Proofing – I can go through your site and SEO proof all pages and blog posts to ensure that they conform to SEO best practices.
- SEO WordPress Site – I can rebuild your current website in WordPress format. This process will take all of your existing content and ensure that it has the best chance of success in the search engines. Each page and post will be fully optimised.
- SEO Search Engine Optimisation Training – I can provide you or your team with SEO training with a focus on onsite SEO to ensure that whoever is maintaining your web presence is doing it correctly from an SEO point of view.